1. In the Mayflower Compact, the Pilgrims declared their intention of planting a new colony and advancing the Christian faith.
2. Most of America’s Founding Fathers were active Christians, representing a variety of denominations.
3. Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 24 had received seminary education.
4. The December 27,1982 edition of Newsweek magazine stated, “Historians are discovering that the Bible, perhaps even more than the constitution, is our founding document.”
5. After an intensive study of our nation’s religious history, the U.S. Supreme Court declared in an 1892 case, “This is a Christian nation.”
Want more? Check out the Apologetics Study Bible for Students on page 634 or visit ApologeticsBible.com.