1. First-century Jews, Romans, and Christians all agreed that Jesus’ tomb was empty.
2. More than 500 people saw the risen Jesus (1 Co 15:6). Many saw Him more than once and sometimes in groups of hundreds of people.
3. Only the true resurrection of Jesus could account for the changed lives and beliefs of people like Saul (Paul), Jesus’ earthly brother James, or the disciples.
4. Jesus’ resurrection explains how the church spread rapidly against all odds and against all hostility.
5. All but one of Jesus’ disciples died martyr’s deaths because they taught that Jesus was resurrected. None of them renounced belief in the resurrection.
Want more? Check out the Apologetics Study Bible for Students on page 1040 or visit ApologeticsBible.com.